Articles and events at items 1-5. Photos from past events are at Item 6. See also windows for Shabbat services and Recurring Events (update in process).
1. See Rabbi Sokol's latest article in the Daily Press here.
2. Thursday, January 18 and 25, 1 pm. Adult Hebrew Education Class “Aleph Isn’t Enough”
3. Saturday, January 27th, 10 am. Tu Bish’vat Seder.
4. Friday, February 2, 7:30 pm. Shabbat Kahbaid / Honor. In honor of the 5th Commandment, which commands us to Honor (Kahbaid) our Fathers and Mothers and which is part of Parashat Yitro, following abridged services, Marcia Futterman Brodie, Director of Marketing at Beth Sholom Village, Virginia Beach, (the only Jewish acute care nursing home in the region) since 2013, will talk to us about this important Jewish community institution. Together with a group of dedicated members of the Jewish community, Marcia's parents helped found the home in 1980. Shabbat Kahbaid is a community-wide initiative. Other Hampton Roads congregations, along with Temple Sinai, are participating in it.
5. Opportunities to get involved at Temple Sinai:
--Caring Committee ongoing opportunities to help our members for appointments or Shiva (see Social Action tab under Activities).
--Pulpit Committee: additional members needed to line up volunteers for honors at Services.
---Webmaster assistance: to get involved, contact John, email@example.com
6. Recent events
Link to Facebook video of Chanukah concert, December 15, with Paul Reisler and congregants, Click here (may require exit from our website)
Chanukah Concert, December 15, featuring Grammy Nominated artist Paul Reisler & Kid Pan Alley and Friends, and congregants on stage.
November 12, Simcha Klezmorim Band. From left to right: Russ Robertson (trombone, vocals); Warren Weiss (drums, leader); Randy A. Ladkau (trumpet); Kathy Weiss (piano) and Dave Kreiselman (clarinet).
November 12, Gholam Farrokhpour's Buffet: Kebobs, Hummus, Baba Ganoush, Pita Chips, Israeli Salad, Olives, Crudités and More!
Saturday, October 9. Sukkot Community dinner (Moroccan couscous); Outdoors in our Sukkah
Friday, August 25. A meaningful and heartwarming encounter with a delegation from Grace Episcopal Church, Yorktown, after the tragedy at Charlottesville.
Friday, June 30. Our program featuring producer, artist, and music scholar Ben Sidran was a great success with 100 attending. See pictures. Also thanks to UJCVP for supporting grant. Flyer here.