Temple Sinai is located at 11620 Warwick Boulevard just south of Riverside Hospital in Newport
News.In our 61st year, Temple Sinai has served as the Reform synagogue on the
Contact Temple Sinai here or at 757-596-8352
view map for directions
Announcements: [TS calendar at bottom]
Sat, Jan 30 Shabbat Service, 10 am, in lieu of Friday, will include the Tu B’Shevat seder rescheduled from Jan 22. Join us for a unique celebration of the New Year for Trees! Travel in Israel along the four seasons through special liturgy and thanksgiving for the beautiful nature the Eternal created. Traditional Shabbat and Tu BiShevat foods (challah dipped in an Israeli olive oil & herb blend, different kinds of fruit and nuts and red and white grape juices) bearing special symbolism. This event is open to the community and no charge or RSVPs are required.
- Shabbat Services for Feb. are shown on the Worship page.
- Sun, Feb7, 2 pm, rescheduled from Jan 24. Author Lee Mandel presents his book “Unlikely Warrior”, the story of a rabbi’s journey from pacifism to Iwo Jima. Jewish Book Council event. Flyer.
- Sun, Feb 7. No Adult education. Classes held Feb 14, 21, 28 at 1 pm.
- Wed, Feb 10, 6 pm. Sisterhood Rosh Chodesh celebration. Contact Michele Linn, email@example.com
- Sun, Feb 21, 10 am. Biblical Garden workday. Call Christina Verderosa, 874-8174 or email
- Sun, Feb 28, 10 am. Brotherhood Breakfast. Christina Verderosa will speak on our Biblical Garden.
- Sun, Mar 6, 2 pm. Spring Fundraiser “Music Under the Star: Music of the Past". The afternoon will feature a variety of wonderful music followed by a buffet of delicious Italian fare. There is no charge to attend but giving cards will be circulated to raise funds for Temple needs.sistance with everyday activities (such as transportation, errands, meals in event of illness) contact Jill Keech, Michele Linn, or Mary Beth. Assistance is confidential.
- Sun, Mar 13. Sisterhood trip to Richmond, Virginia Museum of Fine Arts, Rodin Exhibit, with lunch at a restaurant. $19. Details to follow
- Caring Committee is fully operational. If you need assistance with everyday activities (such as transportation, errands, meals in event of illness) contact Jill Keech, Michele Linn, or Mary Beth. Assistance is confidential.
- Newest membership initiative (others on membership page). Give the Gift of Chanukah to a friend or relative (details at office or from membership committee). Recipient gets full membership Chanukah until Aug 31 and can renew thereafter.
- Tenth century Torah scroll sheet—see link—third oldest apart from Dead Sea scrolls
- Temple Sinai Facebook page