Website is in process of update . Please note webmaster will be away from December 21 and unable to update until near January 1.
Announcements and Events (1-4) including Chanukah Concert with Paul Reisler December 15 (item 2) and City Center Menorah lightings (starting December 12) and Opportunities (5). Photos from past events are at Item 6. See also windows for Shabbat services and Recurring Events.
1. See Rabbi Sokol's article in the Daily Press; for Chanukah season, click here. See also the article about our recent Chanukah concert; click here.
2. See photo of Chanukah Concert at Item 6.
3. Chanukah menorah lightings City Center and Williamsburg December 12 to 19. On the first night of Chanukah, December 12, at 6 p.m., the UJCVP will host their annual Community Chanukiyah Lighting & Festivities at City Center. There will be a raffle, donuts, latkes, dreidel playing and Klezmer music with the Bagels and Fraylox band. Temple Sinai will also host at City Center Newport News, 5pm, December 13. Other lightings on following nights at same location hosted by area congregations.
On the last night of Chanukah, Tuesday, December 19, at 6pm the UJCVP will host a Hannukiah lighting in Williamsburg. Main Street in New Town (near Opus 9). There will be live music, donuts and festivities.
4. Sunday evening, December 24, and Monday morning, December 25. Temple Sinai will assist PORT (contact at Temple Sinai is Larry Linn)..
5. Opportunities to get involved at Temple Sinai:
--Caring Committee ongoing opportunities to help our members for appointments or Shiva (see Social Action tab under Activities).
--Pulpit Committee: additional members needed to line up volunteers for honors at Services.
--See December 24/25 entry for PORT assistance.
--Webmaster assistance: to get involved, contact John, email@example.com
6. Recent events
Chanukah Concert, December 15, featuring Grammy Nominated artist Paul Reisler & Kid Pan Alley and Friends, and congregants on stage.
November 12, Simcha Klezmorim Band. From left to right: Russ Robertson (trombone, vocals); Warren Weiss (drums, leader); Randy A. Ladkau (trumpet); Kathy Weiss (piano) and Dave Kreiselman (clarinet).
November 12, Gholam Farrokhpour's Buffet: Kebobs, Hummus, Baba Ganoush, Pita Chips, Israeli Salad, Olives, Crudités and More!
Saturday, October 9. Sukkot Community dinner (Moroccan couscous); Outdoors in our Sukkah
Friday, August 25. A meaningful and heartwarming encounter with a delegation from Grace Episcopal Church, Yorktown, after the tragedy at Charlottesville.
Friday, June 30. Our program featuring producer, artist, and music scholar Ben Sidran was a great success with 100 attending. See pictures. Also thanks to UJCVP for supporting grant. Flyer here.