Temple Sinai is located at 11620 Warwick Boulevard just south of Riverside Hospital in Newport
News.In our 60th year, Temple Sinai has served as the Reform synagogue on the
Contact Temple Sinai here or at 596-8352
view map for directions
Announcements: [TS calendar at bottom]
L'shanah Tovah -- Happy New Year Rosh Hashanah 5775
- Welcome to new members Lynn Harmonay and Gholam Farrokhpour and returning members Jill and Mike Keech.
- Recruit a new member. Temple Sinai recently awarded its second $100 dues credit to Helaine Shinske for recruiting new members Sandra and Louis Teichman (previously welcomed). Details of this offer on request.If all Temple Sinai members could earn the $100 credit for recruiting a member, we could double our membership.
- Mazel Tov! Temple Sinai finished FY 2014 (just ended Aug 31) with a large surplus. Thanks to our membership for stepping up with increased dues pledges, to President Paul Brindza for leadership, and especially to Treasurer Larry Chenkin for dedicated and expert oversight to ensure we achieved this goal.
- Sukkot begins the evening of Oct 8 and runs through sunset on Oct 15.
- We observe Simchat Torah at Shabbat Services, Oct 17.
- Info on NTFY Convention (high school age) and Youth Summit (college). See flyer. Registration opens Oct 6.
- Temple Sinai's Jewish Book Council programs for 2014-2015. The first program will feature columnist Richard Cohen, author of forthcoming book Israel: Is It Good for the Jews, on Thu, Nov 13.
- Complete program for JBC, see new web page
- Sun, Oct. 19. Come help clean up the Biblical Garden. Contact Christina Verderosa with any questions.
- Care and concern. Need volunteers to prepare meals for member family. Please contact office for details.
- Temple Sinai Facebook page
Congregational:High Holy Day and Shabbat services
- Sisterhood birthday/anniversary card flyer.
- Sisterhood meeting, Mon, Oct. 6th, 7 pm.
- Rosh Chodesh celebration at Michele Linn's, Sun, Oct 26, 6 pm.
- Flyer for Brotherhood fall flower sale. Place orders for pansies by Oct 7.
- Brotherhood Breakfasts
Sun, Sep 28, 10 am. Jacob Polderman will speak on "Livable Lowlands", an overview of the problems the Netherlands has encountered with storms and flooding of their area below sea level. more info
Oct 26, 10 am. Richard Davis, What We Think We Know about UFOs. more info