Temple Sinai is located at 11620 Warwick Boulevard just south of Riverside Hospital in Newport
News. For over 58 years, Temple Sinai has served as the Reform synagogue on the
Contact Temple Sinai here or at 596-8352
view map for directions
Announcements: [TS calendar at bottom]
- Details of Shabbat Services through Mar 28 can be found on the Worship page. Rabbi Forman leads on Mar 7 and 21; Purim Mar 14; musical service Mar 28.
- Temple Sinai cordially invites unaffiliated Jews and interfaith families
- Temple Sinai welcomes its newest members: Jacob and Lucie Polderman; Alan and Ana Myers.
- Temple Sinai awarded its first $100 credit for bringing in a new member. See flyer for continued offer.
- Please enjoy Rabbi Forman's commentaries and sermons.
- Our interfaith program featuring the film Desperate Hours, discussion, and Turkish dinner (by Rumi Forum), was a great success and all parties hope to sponsor future interfaith programs in this area. Thanks to Rabbi Forman, Paul Brindza, Prof Roberta Rosenberg of CNU, UJC, Rumi Forum, and American Friends of Turkey.
- Rabbi Search information. The Search committee (headed by Larry Sacks) has interviewed candidates and will recommend a candidate to the Board of Directors Mar 18. Congregation votes at Annual Meeting
- Next Brotherhood breakfast Sun, Mar 30. Speaker : Paul Brindza (President, Temple Sinai), Jefferson Lab. Science at Jefferson Lab
- Further Brotherhood schedule on Brotherhood page
- Brotherhood plant sale. See flyer to order by Apr 25 for early May pickup.
- Passover: Women's Seder , Wed, Mar 19, 7 pm. Sponsored by NCJW and Temple Sinai Sisterhood. Contact Gloria Ostroff.
- Sisterhood meeting, Mon, March 10, 7 pm.
- Sisterhood birthday/anniversary card flyer.
- Sisterhood gift shop has new items for Purim, including masks and greggers. Also, pottery by Lydia Shipman.
- Religious school announcement. Free Religious School with membership; volunteer opportunities.Free Hebrew school at JCC. Contact Carmela, 930-1422.
- Gentle Hatha Yoga class, Gentle Hatha Yoga class Thursdays, 4-5pm. Chair yoga adaptations available.
- Yiddish Club at JCC, Thu, Mar 13, 27, 1 pm.
- Grand Club luncheon and Purim at UJC, Tue, Mar 18, 12 noon, sponsored by Temple Sinai Sisterhood.
- Why Courts Matter and What I Can Do to Ensure a Fair and Impartial Judiciary. Sun, May 4, 2pm. at Temple Sinai, cosponsored by NCJW. Judge Judith Kline and Lindsay Morris, NCJW.
- JCC 5K Run/Walk, Sun, May 4, at Mariners' Museum. more info
- Forthcoming exhibit The Quanza Story (ship bringing Jewish refugees from Germany to Hampton Roads in 1940), begins Mar 30 at UJC. Peninsula Jewish Historical Society. More to follow.
- Israel admitted to CERN, the European Laboratory for Nuclear Research, located in Geneva Switzerland and recent site of the discovery of the Higgs Boson. Israel is 21st Member state and the first new Member State since 1999.
- JCC Calendar and upcoming events.
- Temple Sinai Facebook page
Rabbi: Lawrence Forman (Interim Rabbi for 2013-2014)
President: Paul Brindza
Vice-President Operations: Pat Finneran
Executive V.P. (Pulpit): Frank Scott
Administrator: Mary Beth Colgan
We are located at 11620 Warwick Blvd in Newport News, Virginia 23601.
Temple Sinai Calendar