Temple Sinai is located at 11620 Warwick Boulevard just south of Riverside Hospital in Newport
News. For over 58 years, Temple Sinai has served as the Reform synagogue on the
Contact Temple Sinai here or at 596-8352
view map for directions
Announcements: [TS calendar at bottom]
- Welcome new members Steve and Charlene Wendell
- Welcome back to returning members Louis and Sandra Teichman
- Details of Shabbat Services for August are shown on the Worship page.
- Our preliminary schedule for Rosh Hashanah and Yom Kippur is also shown there, along with the High Holy Days ticket policy for nonmembers.
- If you would like to participate in future Services by assisting with the candle blessing, Kiddush, or Torah honors or would like to usher/lockup, please contact Mary Beth to sign up.
- Our other volunteer opportunities are listed on the Volunteer tab
- Rabbi Sokol is interviewed in the Daily Press.
- Temple Sinai cordially invites unaffiliated Jews and interfaith families. Information about membership and free religious school for members.
- Sun, Sep 7. Help clean up the Biblical Garden. Contact Christina Verderosa with any questions.
- Temple Sinai members, please return survey on Shabbat Services and Adult Education by Aug 26.
- Please stay tuned for details of Temple Sinai's Jewish Book Council programs for 2014-2015 on the education/activities tab. The first program will feature columnist Richard Cohen, author of forthcoming book Israel: Is It Good for the Jews, on Thu, Nov 13.
- Temple Sinai Facebook page
- Sisterhood birthday/anniversary card flyer.
- Sisterhood meeting, Mon, Sep 8, 7 pm.
- Sisterhood Ladies' Day Out, Afternoon Tea at Daffodil Village, Gloucester, Sun, Sep 21, 2 pm (RSVP by Sep 12). See flyer.
- Brotherhood Breakfasts Sun, Sep 28, 10 am. Jacob Polderman will speak on "Livable Lowlands", an overview of the problems the Netherlands has encountered with storms and flooding of their area below sea level. more info
- "Back in the Day--Local High Schools"--Peninsula Jewish Historical Society exhibit at the JCC.
- NCJW Book Club. Aug 20 and Sep 17, 1:30 pm.
- Through Aug 29. Strasser Collection of the Art of Jacob Pell on exhibit at Leon Gallery, Simon JCC, Virginia Beach.
- Interesting review of biographies of Rabbi Schneerson by Joseph Telushkin and Adin Steinsaltz
- PBS featured Simon Schama's Story of the Jews in Apr. It is available on video online. Also, Tom Ashbrook interviewed Simon Schama on NPR's On Point; podcast link here.
- JCC Calendar and upcoming events.
- Jewish War Veterans (Southside) schedule.